It’s easy to spend a fortune every year creating a beautiful yard. These five tips can help save you money in both this and future gardening seasons.
1. Plan your vegetable garden according to what your neighbors are planting so you can share your vegetables when they’re ready for eating. Often I’ve had too many of one kind of vegetables I couldn’t give away because my friends were ripe at the same time.
2. Select perennials rather than annuals for your flowerbeds. As they multiply each year, cut them back and exchange with your friends, so you both have lovely gardens and save money at the same time.
3. Compost your kitchen scraps, as well as your coffee grounds. The result is much better than any potting soil you can ever buy from a nursery or hardware store. The price is right, and this is recycling!
4. Instead of using mulch, try pebbles or small rocks in your garden as a ground cover. This will save you lots of cash since you won’t need to buy mulch in the spring and fall of every year.
5. Spend more money now by purchasing better quality gardening tools, and you will save in the long run. They will last for years, saving you dollars because you don’t need to replace them every planting season. It’s easy to spend a fortune every year creating a beautiful yard. These five tips can help save you money in both this and future gardening seasons.
Also, you might want to consider a little spring cleaning to your insurance policies. Start by reviewing your homeowner policy to make sure you have enough insurance to rebuild your home. If you have made any major improvements to your home such as adding a new room, updating a kitchen or bathroom, you risk being under-insured if you don’t adjust your homeowners coverage.
All of us at Johnson Insurance Agencies, Inc. would like to thank you for your continued business! Please feel free to contact us anytime for a quote or just to review your current policies.